Summer Raspberry and White Chocolate Milkshake
Fresh British raspberries and white chocolate are a great combination and they come together perfectly in this refreshing milkshake. Top it all off with whipped cream and crushed chocolate covered raspberries and you have a truly decadent Summer treat!
- 110g fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 90g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 180ml milk
- whipped cream
- 100g Friars white chocolate coated raspberries
- fresh raspberries for garnish
- fresh mint for garnish
- For the Raspberry Sauce; add raspberries, sugar and lemon juice to food processor and puree until smooth.
- Pour the puree through a sieve to remove seeds and place to the side.
- Place broken white chocolate in a microwave safe dish and microwave at 20 second intervals stirring until completely melted and smooth. Alternatively melt over a bowl of hot water ensuring the water does not touch the bowl. Place to the side to cool.
- Next add ice cream, milk and cooled white chocolate to blender and blend until thick, creamy and smooth (feel free to add more ice cream or milk until you get the consistency you prefer).
- Drizzle raspberry sauce around milkshake glasses then pour the milkshake mix into glasses and give everything a stir to swirl the two together.
- Mix the whipped cream with two thirds of the crushed white chocolate raspberries and then use to top the milkshake.
- Sprinkle liberally with the remaining crushed chocolate coated raspberries and, for the final touch, add some fresh raspberries and a sprig of mint. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from grandbaby-cakes.com