Chocolate Covered Bacon Recipe!
/ July 1st, 2016 / There are currently 0 comments
Found this recipe online courtesy of food.com and just had to share it. Bacon = yum. Chocolate = yum. It has to work…right?
30g milk chocolate buttons
1 lb of uncooked bacon
- Heat large skillet on high; add bacon strips.
- Turn bacon strips over as needed with tongs.
- Cook back until it’s reduced to about ¼ of its original size and appears to be crispy. (Personally I believe that the bacon should be crispy; however if you prefer your chocolate covered bacon chewy opposed to crunchy then reduce cooking time by removing your bacon earlier).
- Drain bacon on paper towels to remove grease.
- While the bacon is cooling fill the double boiler or medium sauce pan with water and bring to a medium heat.
- Place double boiler top pan in double boiler bottom pan or put the small sauce pan in the medium sauce pan.
- Slowly add chocolate buttons into top pan and stir while buttons melt. Do this until all the buttons have been added. (Be sure to keep stirring to prevent the chocolate from burning.).
- Using your fingers or tongs carefully dip the bacon strips into the chocolate, if necessary use a spoon to spoon the melted chocolate over the bacon evenly coating it.
- Once coated lay strips on cooling rack (with something underneath to catch the drips) or waxed paper lined cookie sheet. Cool in refrigerator for 15 minutes to set chocolate.